This morning my friend and I whipped up some delicious acai smoothie bowls for brunch! They were so good I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with all of you! This recipe is super simple and tastes fantastic, but it is even sweeter when shared with a good friend. As I said on my Instagram account, “Battling Lyme Disease (or anything in life) is so much easier when you have a support system to help you along the way!”
What you’ll need to make 2 large bowls…
- 2 organic, unsweetened acai packs
- 2 small bananas (or 1 large), frozen
- 1 cup frozen mango pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- pomegranate juice (just enough to blend)
- Toppings: fresh organic pomegranate seeds, blueberries, blackberries, and unsweetened coconut shreds
*Add protein powder, nut butter, coconut butter, avocado, or seeds (chia, flax, hemp) for added protein and healthy fats in your smoothie! They also serve as a great thickener which will allow you to add less fruit!
Fun Fruity Fact: Pomegranate seeds contain antioxidants, which decrease/prevent oxidation caused by free radicals. They help mend and avoid damage to the cells.