I love starting each morning with a yummy smoothie packed with protein, healthy fats, and carbohydrates to kickstart my day! This recipe is definitely one of my favorites.
5 C’s Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or substitute another version)
- 1/4 cup frozen, organic cherries
- 1/4 cup frozen, organic raspberries (or strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (1/2 serving)
- 3 shakes cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tsp each cacao powder and nibs (add more cacao powder if omitting the chocolate protein powder)
Fun Foodie Fact: Eating cherries reduces the buildup of uric acid, which causes inflammation and swelling, especially in arthritis patients.