As a kid, one of my favorite St. Patrick’s day traditions was getting a Shamrock Shake from McDonald’s with my family every year. It was always such a fun after-school treat! However, there are 73 grams of sugar in a 12 ounce Shamrock Shake from McDonald’s and lots of unhealthy chemicals!! That is why I decided to make my own healthy version so I can still continue my favorite St. Patrick’s day tradition while avoiding all the junk!
Here is what you’ll need!
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 and 1/2 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- Handful of mint leaves (I used 14 individual leaves)
- Ice (I used 4 large ice cubes)
- 1/3 cup avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 medjool date
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
Simply blend and enjoy 🙂