Happy Pi(e) Day, everyone! Today is 3/14/15, which resembles the neverending number pi (3.1415….). So what better recipe to celebrate with than this No-Bake Banana Coconut Pie?
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 3/4 unsweetened coconut shreds
- 3/4 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
Add the ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. Press it into the bottom of a pie dish.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey, but not for strict vegans)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/3 shredded unsweetened coconut
Blend all the pie filling ingredients then pour over the crust. Freeze before enjoying. I froze mine overnight, but it might work with less time too!
Fun Foodie Fact: Coconut Oil strengthens the immune system due to its antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties!