I tried making kale chips for the first time this week and after tasting them, I’m sad I didn’t start making them sooner! I have two words: SOOOOO good. I can’t even imagine eating any other type of chip now. These kale chips are super easy to make and are a perfect quick, on-the-go snack! Plus you only need a few ingredients.
- 1 bunch leafy green kale
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Seasoning (salt and pepper, curry powder, cayenne pepper, red chili flakes, lime salt–a farmer’s market find, or anything else you want!)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Wash the kale then de-rib by pulling off the leaves from each side of the stem.
- Put the kale leaves in a bowl and drizzle in olive oil. It’s better to put too little then add more than to put too much. Massage the olive oil into the leaves.
- Lay out the kale on a baking sheet and lightly season.
- Bake for about 3o minutes or until crispy. (All ovens are different so it’s best to keep checking on your kale chips so they don’t burn.)
- Allow them to cool, then enjoy!
Fun Foodie Fact: Calorie to calorie, kale contains more iron the beef. This is important because iron helps transport oxygen throughout the body, supports healthy liver function, and aids in the formation of hemoglobin and enzymes!