Do you ever make cookies, but all you want to eat is the cookie dough?
If your answer is yes, then you’re not alone.
I had heard of cookie dough dips before, so I decided to adapt a recipe for chickpea cookies that I posted on my Instagram a few months back! Now you don’t even need to bother with making cookies in order to eat cookie dough 🙂 And did I mention it’s gluten and soy-free and vegan?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/8 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups chickpeas (one 15 oz. can, thoroughly rinsed and drained)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (You can substitute any nut or seed butter, but for those with allergies, coconut oil would probably also work although I have not tried it.)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or any type milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
After draining and rinsing the can of chickpeas, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor. Once everything has blended into a uniform mixture, fold in the chocolate chips. Eat right away or refrigerate until the cookie dough is cool (my personal preference). Dip in gluten-free pretzels or anything you want. I usually just eat it with a spoon–haha!